Crowdfunding for Legal Action update from:
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 Feb 2016 — Dear supporters
Another deeply disappointing meeting of Full Council yesterday, where Labour Cllrs again block voted to do NOTHING in the face the vandalism of valuable highway trees across the city. Basic questions were asked:
1. Where is the Environmental Impact Survey?
2. How do we submit evidence to the ‘Independent’ Tree panel?
3. Why is the felling of healthy trees continuing across the city, without an acceptable tree strategy in place, to guide and inform decision making?
4. Why is there so much damage being done to the trunks and roots of OUR trees, if all Amey staff are supposedly NJUG trained?
5. Why is SUCH poor Amey workmanship continuing to go unsupervised by SCC?
These questions remain unanswered and we have been left with no other option but to pursue legal action.
A crowdfunding site is up and running here:
Please pledge as much as you can – if everyone pledges just a little, we’ll get the money we need to take this to court.
Thank you for your continued support.
**PLEASE CIRCULATE WIDELY – THANKS.**